Bachelor of Creative Arts
Learn your craft, hone your skills and boost your career as a creative artist.
If you’re passionate about art, performance or storytelling, La Trobe’s Bachelor of Creative Arts is for you.
Our flexible and practical degree helps define your creative output, empowering you to apply new concepts and analytical frameworks to your arts practice. Major in Screen, Theatre, Visual Arts or Writing and graduate with the networks and entrepreneurial skills necessary for a successful career.
In the core subjects, you’ll learn to interpret, adapt, communicate and present ideas, problems and arguments for a variety of audiences.
· In screen (Melbourne campus), you’ll understand how moving images change the world.
· In theatre (Melbourne campus), you’ll explore the history of theatre through performance and production.
· In visual arts (Bendigo and Mildura campuses), you’ll hone your technical and conceptual skills to better realise your artistic goals.
· In writing (Bendigo and Melbourne campuses), you’ll learn how to craft narratives and write engaging prose.
At La Trobe, we have an abundance of resources, facilities and industry partnerships to kick-start your career in the arts:
· Benefit from our connections to the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, National Gallery of Victoria, Channel 31, Emerging Writer’s Festival, Bendigo Art Gallery, Shepparton Art Museum, Mil Arts Centre and more.
· Attend masterclasses with professional artists.
· Write for and perform in our 400 seat outdoor amphitheatre, 35 seat studio black box and 100 seat conventional theatre.
· Take advantage of our multi-camera TV studio, video-editing suites and audio recording studio.
· Access an extensive range of video and audio recording equipment.
· Utilise the Bendigo La Trobe Art Institute, a multipurpose visual arts facility that offers a contemporary art program and a dynamic setting for students. The award-winning building features two galleries, two sculpture courtyards, auditorium and a studio.
The qualification awarded on graduation is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as Level 7.
As a La Trobe creative arts graduate, you’ll be well equipped to maintain an independent practice. Other rewarding opportunities include employment in art galleries, government and council organisations, film and TV studios, theatre companies, recording studios, advertising agencies, publishing houses, magazines and photography studios.
Depending on your major, you’ll be ready to work as a writer, editor, curator, designer, director, producer, academic, illustrator, performer, content creator, event manager, artist, teacher, videographer, film maker, photographer, printmaker and more.
Tuition Fee: AUS $32,800 per year
Academic entry requirement
65% and above in high school