About Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
PTE Academic is an international computer-based English language test. It provides a measure of test taker’s language ability to education institutions, and professional and government organizations that require a standard of academic English for admission purposes. The test is widely trusted by universities and colleges in Australia and around the world. In recent years, the test has gained widespread popularity due to its fairness and global recognition. The test is completely computer based and increasingly regarded in the academic community as the true test of the test taker’s command in the English language. The highlights of the PTE Academic test:
Fast results - Results are available within five business days.
Minimal waiting time - Tests are conducted throughout the year on a daily basis (except weekends). Therefore, test takers do not have to wait for unnecessarily long time to take the test.
Fair & secure - 100% computer-based marking ensures all test takers are scored impartially and accurately. To ensure test score validity all test centers use state-of-the-art digital biometrics incorporating palm-scanning, digital signatures, secure paperless results, randomized test formats and CCTV.
Unlimited - Test takers can send their scores to as many institutions as they like, without an additional fee.
Accepted for visas - PTE is approved for all Australian and New Zealand student visa and migration applications.
University acceptance - Accepted for study applications by thousands of academic programs around the world.
PTE Academic assesses all four language skills - listening, reading, speaking and writing. The test will last approximately three hours. This includes an untimed introduction to the test and one optional break of up to 10 minutes. The test features 20 different item types, each assessing one language skill or a combination of language skills. For example, the item type Summarize spoken text under listening section assesses not only listening but writing as well.
All items in PTE Academic are machine scored. Some items are scored as either correct or incorrect, whereas many other items are also scored as partially correct, for which you get partial credit. The overall score is based on your performance on all test items. For each item, the score you obtain contributes to the overall score. The score range for the overall score is 10-90 points.
Why you should choose LANDMARK Education for PTE class
- We have a roster of highly experienced CELTA certified teachers who are deeply passionate about teaching and take a personal interest in students’ progress.
- We employ the most up-to-date curriculum and effective techniques/strategies to tackle the questions asked in PTE.
- Our class sizes are small (20 max), which afford us the ability to give personalized attention to our students. Students can have several one-on-one sessions with the instructor to discuss their personal improvement and ask for feedback.
- Classes are conducted at various times in the morning and afternoon giving students a wide variety of time slots to choose from.
- Classes follow a completely learner-centered and task-based approach, as we believe that practice is the key to scoring well on PTE.
- Students can take a mock-test to evaluate themselves before the beginning of the course. Such tests are regularly conducted afterwards throughout the course so that students can objectively measure their improvement and also get feedback from the instructor.