news & events
The most awaited news from the Australian Government for Supporting International Students
The Australian government has come up with a plan to remain competitive with other countries. It has brought changes to student visa.
The changes include:
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodgedoutside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
Your email has been send successfully!